FIERCE FUTURES CIC
Our not-for-profit sister organisation, promotes fierce futures for marginalised women
Fierce Futures CIC is non-profit organisation that supports women and girls affected by sexual violence, trauma and isolation. The strategic aims of the company are focussed around supporting victims to reach their potential and lead happy, healthy and fulfilled lives. We do this through projects that create opportunities for self expression and creativity. We are a trauma-informed organisation that promotes community, culture, learning, resilience and self-development.
Fierce Futures CIC CIC Projects 2022
Style Swap Social - free clothes-swapping events, that support communities through the cost of living crisis, while partnering with sexual violence support charity, RASA Merseyside and Liverpool-based homelessness charity, The Whitechapel Centre. Further events are scheduled throughout 2023, with plans to expand to Liverpool, Chester and London
Fierce Futures CIC CIC Projects 2023
Join the #StyleSwapChallenge2023 to support victims of sexual violence by hosting your own sustainable fashion swap party
Watch this space for more details on our programme of workshops and events themed around fashion, crafts, music and writing.
Fierce Futures CIC Governance
Would you like to use your skills and expertise to support victims of sexual violence, and women who have experienced marginalisation and trauma?
Fierce Futures CIC has voluntary opportunities, including roles that will help to shape our future.
As a new organisation, we are in the process of developing our strategic aims and governance structure.
The board will be made up of diverse members of our community, with a range of skills and lived experience - both of which are essential to good decision making.
Applications are especially welcome from women who have been victims of sexual violence and trauma.
Not for you? We still want to hear from you.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Tell us how you would like Fierce Futures CIC to support victims of trauma and sexual violence, through events, fashion, resources and creative activities.
Company Director and Company Secretary
Along with your fellow directors, you’ll share responsibility for overseeing Feel the Fierce CIC activities, and direction, making decisions reasonably and carefully and acting in line with our values.
1. It will be your role to work with your fellow board members, the Feel the Fierce Chief Officer and, where needed, other senior Feel the Fierce CIC people to make sure
• Feel the Fierce CIC has a clear vision and strategy
• we’ve got the plans we need in place to support what we’re trying to achieve
• we’ve got the systems in place to monitor and review our achievements
• we’re always looking for ways we can improve what we do
2. Along with the other board members, you’ll need to share responsibility for the performance of the company, and how we use our assets by
• reviewing, understanding and agreeing Feel the Fierce annual budget and any major policies
• making sure we have good ways to control our money and other assets
• keeping an eye out for any major risks that might emerge, and making sure the right systems are in place to deal with them quickly and effectively or minimise them as much as possible
• keeping an eye on how our activities are going, including through regular updates from the management team and
• making sure that there are clear ways that anyone can tell Feel the Fierce CIC about anything that goes against our ethos and our values.
3. We need you and our other board members to work together to make sure Feel the Fierce CIC complies with all of our legal and regulatory requirements by:
• keeping up-to-date and compliant with the ‘articles of association’ – a document that outlines how Feel the Fierce CIC should be run
• deciding the levels of delegated authority and making sure they’re followed; and • complying with what the Office of the Regulator of Community Interest Companies and Companies House needs us to do, as well as any relevant legislation.
4. With other board members do your best to make sure:
• how Feel the Fierce CIC is governed is clear including to other directors and members of the Feel the Fierce CIC team;
• the Board of Directors has the skills needed to make the best decisions and has access to the right expertise and advice from outside Feel the Fierce CIC;
• we’re compliant with Feel the Fierce CIC’s Director Code of Conduct
• there’s a fair procedure for the recruitment or co-option of directors.
Responsibilities: Company Secretary
As company secretary you are a senior board member and will be involved in many of the activities that form part of the director role. However, you will mainly be legally responsible for keeping company files up to date, communicating essential information with the board and partners, arranging board meetings, and taking board meeting minutes, including filing accounts, confirmation statements and tax documents with Companies House
Please note: both roles are voluntary positions, but reasonable out-of-pocket travelling expenses will be paid if you can show us a valid receipt.
Feel the Fierce CIC board member Person Specification
We’re looking for people who
• communicates well with people from all backgrounds
• has integrity and a willingness to speak up for what is right
• has experience of working in a committee and making decisions with others
• is committed to fairness and equality
• cares about and understands what Feel the Fierce CIC is trying to achieve, how we want to do it and what our values are
• has a good understanding of governance and the responsibilities of board members, or a willingness and commitment to learn these
• is able to work with other board members, directors and managers as part of a team
• is able to express their own views confidently and is willing and able to challenge other people constructively
• listens to and takes on board the views of other board members
• displays good judgement
• knows when to seek advice and
• understands the principles of confidentiality
Some but not all board members should additionally have experience including
• overseeing finances
• providing or using sexual violence or trauma support services
• voluntary sector management
• the needs of diverse communities
• experience of people management
• organisational development
• leadership skills
• digital skills including social media
Complete the form, by clicking below or email us on email@example.com sand tell us why you would lke to get involved. You can attach your CV if you have one available, but if not, don’t worry - just tell us a little about you and your reasons for applying.
fierce wife label